Vegas Reflects: Sr. Sunbather Fried At Hotel Pool Print

Remember when you were a kid, and a bunch of pals with a magnifying glass? You took it into the sunlight and started a fire with some dry grass. Well, that’s the same thing that happened at a posh, high-rise Las Vegas hotel.

A senior guest claims he was burned while sunning himself, because the huge glass facade of one of the hotel’s buildings acted as a magnifier, and increased the intensity to red hot. Reminds old admirers of the Johnny Cash lyrics: “And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire.” Hey, didn’t the elderly guy realize he was in desert-hot Vegas? You don’t need a building reflection nor magnifying glass to get your skin burned. Just walk hatless and/or shirtless down the Strip on a spring or summer noon for about 10 minutes, and your head and shoulders will become a ring of fire.

On the next trip to Vegas or any other hot desert and beach resort, keep your sunbathing and hatless hiking to just a few minutes at a time. And don’t forget to first slather your senior skin with heavy gobs of suntan lotion.